Full Transcript: Interview with Rep. Pat Tiberi, "Quarterback" of ACA Repeal.
Hey y'all. I interviewed Congressman Tiberi at 12 noon on March 6th. News broke a few hours later that the GOP repeal bill dropped. This Hill article links to text versions of the bills. This VOX article explains it in English. This other VOX article raises questions about the plan in general.
Several important topics emerged from my conversation with Congressmen Tiberi including:
- The process and timeline of repeal
- Estimated dates of important repeal votes
- Opportunities for input during the legislative process
- The balance of benefits between people and insurance companies
- The share of your premium dollars insurance companies are allowed to budget for marketing
- The fate of Medicaid expansion in Ohio, and differences with Governor Kasich
- Whether or not Medicare will be allowed to negotiate prescription drug prices